1. How to Prevent Tarnish on Sterling Silver Jewelry
Why Sterling Silver Jewelry Tarnishes
Sterling silver contains 92.5 percent silver and about 7.5 percent of other metals, usually copper. When air touches sterling silver jewelry, oxidative reactions occur with sulfur. Moisture can also cause tarnish, as well as corrosion, on silver.
Some tips on how to help prevent tarnishing on your silver jewelry
- The best way to prevent tarnishing is to store clean, dry sterling silver in a dry airtight container
- Don’t leave silver jewelry in the bathroom unprotected, and do not wear it the shower, swimming pool or hot tub. Humidity and moisture can make tarnish appear faster!
- Minimize sterling silver’s contact to chemicals found in hairspray, perfume, body lotion, makeup, etc..
- After taking off your silver jewelry, clean it with a dry soft cloth, or polishing cloth, before putting it back into an airtight container.
- Remove silver jewelry khi doing regular household chores, sleeping or getting active sports
2. Some tips on how to clean sterling silver
Wash silver jewelry (without gemstones or pearls) in warm water with a few drops of mild dish washing liquid. Immerse the sterling silver in the water and gently hand wash. Use a cotton swab for tight corners, or soft baby toothbrush can be used for more abrasive cleaning if needed.
If the jewelry contains gemstones or pearls, do not submerge the entire piece into water. Instead, use a cotton swab with mild dish washing liquid to wash only the silver.
Thoroughly rinse your pieces after washing, and completely dry the sterling silver before storing, as moisture is one of the factors that contribute to tarnishing
We do not recommend using toothpaste or baking soda for cleaning as it may scratch the surface of the silver. Do not harsh chemicals such as bleach, acetone, etc, to clean your silver because they can actually make silver more dull, and ruin the surface.
If your pieces are heavily tarnished and you don’t have the time to clean them, please take them to Ngoc Tuan Silver. Very old, fragile, or valuable pieces should also be cleaned by a professional. We maintains a very high standard on quality control over its products and commits to repair or replace manufacturing faults free.
3. How to Find Your Ring Size
Choosing a ring size by measuring your finger
- Cut a strip of paper or a piece of string.The paper strip should be approximately 1/2" wide, and 5" long.
- Wrap the paper or string around the finger to be sized.Slide the paper or string up to the knuckle, as the ring must be sized large enough to able to slip off and on, over the knuckle.
- Use a pen to mark the string or paper where the long end overlaps
- Measure the mark from the end of the length of paper or string with a ruler.Use the metric side for more accurate sizing.
- Locate your ring size by locating your measurement on the printed chart.If the measurement falls in between two sizes, it is recommended that you choose the larger size.
Tips to ensure an accurate measurement:
- Avoid measuring cold finger; as cold finger are smaller then warm finger.
- Measure your finger in warm temperatures at the end of day; this will be when your finger is at its largest.
- If your knuckle is much larger than the base of your finger, make sure and measure both the base of your finger as well as your knuckle and select a size between the two to allow enough room to comfortably slip over your knuckle.
- For a wider band (larger than 6 mm), select one size large than what your actual ring size is, wider band take up more space on the finger.
Tips for buying the ring as a surprise
Ask your significant other’s friend or mother if they know her finger size.
Borrow one of your significant other’s ring (from the correct finger) and use the ring measurements above to determine its size.
To make sure, please go to the Ngoc Tuan stores nearest. We will let you know your exactly ring size by a ring sizer set.
4. How to Purchase Product Online
Step 1: Register / Login Account
- If you do not have an account for member on our website: https://bacngoctuan.com, please register HERE. After yousee the Successful Registration confirmation, click Login to continue.
If you already have an account on our website, please click HERE to continue.
Step 2: Product Selection and Purchase
- Select the products you want to add, and then click BUY
- If you want to purchase more, please click to button Add to cart
Step 3: Confirm the consignee information
- We understand that Buyer is Consignee
- But we allow separate Buyer and Consignee Names at Move to an other address
Step 4: Payment and Confirmation
There are 4 Payment Methods
4.1. Online payment: choosing Onepay (Domestic) or Onepay (International) on Online Payment
4.2. Payment and receive at Ngoc Tuan stores
- No. 123 Ton Duc Thang, Dong Da, Hanoi
- No. 22 Hue Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- No. 461 Bach Mai, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
- No. 199 Ngoc Lam, Long Bien, Hanoi
- No. 99 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- No. 136 Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
- No. C12 Hapro Nguyen Trai Supermarket, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
- No. 630 Truong Chinh, Dong Da, Hanoi
- No. 117 Hang Bac, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
4.3. Cash on delivery (COD)
- Inland: Free shipping with value order > 200.000VND
- International: FEDEX
4.4. Transfer to Bank
Step 5: Waiting Feedback and confirmation from Ngoc Tuan Silver
We will comfirm an order in nearest time.
Wish You Have a Good Shopping Time!
For more information, please feel free to contact with us:
Ngoc Tuan Silver Company Limited
Lot 26, X3, Bo De, Long Bien, Hanoi
Tel: +844 7300 0066 - Hotline: 1900 6651